News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Clean breathable bottled air - sold out in ... surprise it's China!

Started by asal, December 18, 2015, 01:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

asal

http://usuncut.com/climate/chinas-smog-is-so-bad-its-started-buying-bottled-air-from-canada/">//http://usuncut.com/climate/chinas-smog-is-so-bad-its-started-buying-bottled-air-from-canada/

QuoteCompany Selling 'Bottled Air' Sells Out in 4 Days as China's Smog Crisis Deepens

one Canadian banker has lucked into a potentially lucrative career as the co-founder of a new company literally selling bottles of air to smog-ridden China. Now, what started as a joke prophesied in the 28-year-old sci-fi comedy is a viable, booming business.

Vitality Air's Moses Lam says he sold his first bag of air as a joke with co-founder Troy Paquette on Ebay. It sold for "less than 50 pence." The next bag, however, sold for £105, or $160.

"That's when we realised there is a market for this," Lam said.

Founded only last year in Edmonton, the Canadian start-up company now markets "fresh air from the Rocky Mountains," and China is scrambling for the luxury of even one short, clean breath of air ever since the company began shipping there a mere two months ago.

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"http://usuncut.com/climate/chinas-smog-is-so-bad-its-started-buying-bottled-air-from-canada/">//http://usuncut.com/climate/chinas-smog-is-so-bad-its-started-buying-bottled-air-from-canada/

QuoteCompany Selling 'Bottled Air' Sells Out in 4 Days as China's Smog Crisis Deepens

one Canadian banker has lucked into a potentially lucrative career as the co-founder of a new company literally selling bottles of air to smog-ridden China. Now, what started as a joke prophesied in the 28-year-old sci-fi comedy is a viable, booming business.

Vitality Air's Moses Lam says he sold his first bag of air as a joke with co-founder Troy Paquette on Ebay. It sold for "less than 50 pence." The next bag, however, sold for £105, or $160.

"That's when we realised there is a market for this," Lam said.

Founded only last year in Edmonton, the Canadian start-up company now markets "fresh air from the Rocky Mountains," and China is scrambling for the luxury of even one short, clean breath of air ever since the company began shipping there a mere two months ago.

I saw this asal.

:laugh:

asal

Renee

I guess some Chinese people have never seen air that wasn't fucking brown. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I guess some Chinese people have never seen air that wasn't fucking brown. :laugh3:

Some cities are much worse than others Renee..

I don't know how much good breathing a bag of air for a few minutes a day will do..

I believe they were on Dragon's Den which is our version of Shark Tank.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"I guess some Chinese people have never seen air that wasn't fucking brown. :laugh3:

I don't know how much good breathing a bag of air for a few minutes a day will do..

If you have been breathing that noxious gas that some Chinese people call air for years, then breathing a bag of clean air isn't going to do any good.

As I see it, it's a novelty item much like the pet rock. :laugh:

I know that some cities and areas are much worse than others; it's the same here. But I can't help but think that "the greatest civilization in history" :laugh: is going to pollute themselves out of existence simply because they don't give a fuck.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

If you have been breathing that noxious gas that some Chinese people call air for years, then breathing a bag of clean air isn't going to do any good.

As I see it, it's a novelty item much like the pet rock.
:laugh:

I know that some cities and areas are much worse than others; it's the same here. But I can't help but think that "the greatest civilization in history" :laugh: is going to pollute themselves out of existence simply because they don't give a fuck.

That's exactly how I feel about it too Renee..

The Chinese economy is slowing quickly, there are much better ways for them to take care of their health than this waste of money..

One suggestion is to quit smoking; China has a lot of men who smoke.

Anonymous

This thing is about as effective an agent of environmental change as a cap and trade. :negative:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

This thing is about as effective an agent of environmental change as a cap and trade. :negative:

I don't like seeing gullible people being taken advantage of like this.

ac_unsure

Rambo Wong

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"What goes on in China is non of lofan's business.

You been laid yet or is that none of my biz either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Rambo Wong"What goes on in China is non of lofan's business.

You been laid yet or is that none of my biz either.

:001_rolleyes:

Watson

Do Chinese girls snatches smell like smog and industrial pollution?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Watson"Do Chinese girls snatches smell like smog and industrial pollution?

Am I supposed to laugh?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!